The Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB) collaborates with non governmental organizations to help refugee protection claimants prepare for their upcoming hearings through Ready Tours. Ready Tours are free of charge and are normally held in the IRB's Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Toronto and Montréal offices. However, due to the pandemic, these events are now being offered virtually using the Microsoft Teams videoconferencing software. The IRB will monitor the situation and evaluate whether or when it is appropriate to return to offering Ready Tours in-person at an IRB office.
During a Ready Tour, refugee claimants:
- learn about refugee law and determination;
- meet employees of the Refugee Protection Division of the IRB;
- see inside a hearing room;
- learn what will happen at the hearing, including who will participate; and
- have a chance to ask questions about the process.
Learn more about
Ready Tours and register today.