The Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB) is pleased to announce that new web content for parties appearing before the Immigration Division (ID) for detention reviews and admissibility hearings is now live.
Detention review hearings and
Admissibility hearings will provide valuable support, particularly to those without counsel.
Providing high-quality content online for participants in
IRB is committed to continually improving its web content—ensuring it is easy to find, understand, and use. The updated
ID webpages will help individuals:
- understand the roles played by the
IRB and Canada Border Services Agency
- know what to expect at each stage of the process
- consider options for representation
- know what to expect at an
- prepare for a decision and possible next steps
To further support detainees with limited web access, a guide entitled
What you should know about detention review hearings is available as a printable
PDF in 14 languages.