- Interim prohibition order regarding Artem Djukic cancelled
The IRB has issued an order cancelling the interim order that prohibited Artem Djukic from representing or advising any person in connection with any proceeding before the IRB.
- Refugee Appeal Division Issues Practice Notice: Use of Electronic Signatures
The Refugee Appeal Division (RAD) of the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada has issued a practice notice that designates the use of an electronic signature to satisfy the requirement for RAD members to sign their reasons for decision.
- IAD Western Region Pilot Project - Email Communication
The Immigration Appeal Division (IAD) launched a twelve month pilot project in the Western Region on November 1, 2016, to enable the use of email as a means of sending and receiving appeal documents.
- New Government of Canada Security Screening Procedures for Contractors
As part of new security screening measures being introduced by the Government of Canada, fingerprints and credit checks will be required for all individuals when they are engaged as contractors, or upon renewal of their security clearance.
- Recruitment Campaign for Governor in Council Appointed Members
The IRB is currently seeking candidates for full-time and part-time GIC appointed member positions in Montréal, Ottawa, Toronto, Calgary, and Vancouver.
- Update - Postal Service Disruption
Effective immediately, the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB) is resuming its normal outgoing correspondence procedures using Canada Post.
- IMPORTANT NOTICE - Possible postal work disruption
In the event of a work disruption at Canada Post, clients are reminded that they must still provide any documents required by the IRB using one of the other methods set out in the IRB Rules.
- IAD Express Triage Pilot Project
Beginning in November 2016, the Immigration Appeal Division (IAD) is running an express triage pilot project as an alternative model to the early informal resolution (EIR) process.
- Evaluation of the in-Canada Asylum System Reforms
The IRB commissioned an internal evaluation of the refugee determination system of the IRB as part of its ongoing efforts to monitor and, where warranted, improve its delivery of the new system.
- New Instructions for Gathering and Disclosing Information for Refugee Appeal Division Proceedings
The Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB) has recently issued a new policy instrument which describe how the Refugee Appeal Division (RAD) of the IRB will gather and disclose information for its proceedings.
- New Refugee Protection Division Member Recruitment Campaign
The RPD has recently launched a nationally advertised application process to fill independent public servant decision-maker positions (PM-06) at our Montréal, Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver offices.
- Proceeding to be conducted before a panel of three members of the Immigration Appeal Division
The Chairperson of the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB) has ordered that the appeal before the Immigration Appeal Division (IAD) in IAD file no. MB5-05031 be conducted before a panel of three members of the IAD.
- New RAD Appellant Record Form
The Refugee Appeal Division has developed a new form to help guide appellants in preparing their appeals.
- IAD Information Session for Counsel - Update on Legal & Procedural Practices
The Immigration Appeal Division is hosting an information session for counsel on March 3, 2016 in Toronto.
- Immigration Appeal Division Issues Notice Introducing an Additional Administrative Change to the Appeal Process
The Immigration Appeal Division (IAD) has issued a notice introducing an additional administrative change to the appeal process.
- Revised Remuneration Schedule for Designated Representatives
The Revised Remuneration Schedule for Designated Representatives will come into effect on April 1, 2015.